Demand of garment professionals are increasing day by day in apparel and fashion industry. Job in garment industry is an innovative and smart. They are closely involved in design and product development, production planning, garment merchandising, production, presentation, sales and buying, marketing and management of apparel.
Garment professionals have many different roles in making decisions that make garments serviceable, sale-able, producible, and profitable. So doing job in garment industry as a professional need some skills. In this article I will discuss about different required skills of apparel professionals in garment industry.
Skills Required for Professionals in Garment Industry:
Following is a universal skills set for all garment professionals in the apparel industry.
1. Professionals in the garment industry should know at least basics of textile and garment manufacturing technology, basic knowledge about textile fibers, weaving and knitting technology, knowledge about dyeing and printing, finishing, garment export procedures, sales and marketing techniques.
2. Academic background must be needed.
3. Get latest information about exporters and importers in the world.
4. Understand the importance of consistence of product standard.
5. Have a strong teamwork orientation.
6. Be able to contribute specialized technical expertise.
7. They ensure which manufacturing processes are used in garment production.
8. Always check the production updates and ensuring the target productions are met.
9. Build up their professional relationship with clients.
10. Make sure about the high quality garment.
11. Keep maintain ILO standards.
12. They try to maintain customer desire at first.
13. Have a convincing power.
14. Motivate team members.
15. Focus on accuracy and consistency on product development.
16. Have a strong priority for satisfying customers.
17. Have a good negotiation with buyer.
18. Have a business spirit.
19. Constantly seek new ideas products and processes.
20. Always be proactive.
21. Effectively manage time and other resources.
22. Get knowledge about latest apparel news, buyer, fashion, design, latest fashion trends, color, season etc.
23. Use computer technology and electronic communication efficiency.
You may also like:
- Duties and Responsibilities for Final Inspector in Apparel Industry
- Visual Merchandiser: How to Become, Career Path and Opportunities
Editor of Fashion2Apparel. She is a fashion designer and ex-lecturer in Fashion Designing. She wants to spread fashion knowledge throughout the world.